100% Organic Cotton Fabrics
For home sewers, businesses, retailers, and anyone who gives a scrap!
Happy New Year!!!
(and Happy Birthday Harmony Art)
If I am being honest -- I am actually kind of freaking out about this anniversary/birthday. I turned 50 late last year and now my company is 14! It seems impossible. So much has happened both personally and professionally. I have given over 19 lectures on organic cotton around the USA. We've printed over 100 different organic cotton fabrics. We have worked with over 250 companies. We've watched 3 USA printers close shop, GOTS certification come to life. Customers have launched businesses, closed businesses, sold businesses, been featured on Shark Tank. People have died, married, been born, moved and moved again. I've made life long friends and had people fade away. I've been through my own personal tragedies of my brother dying, my father passing away, my mother-in-law's near fatal car accident, my own cancer diagnosis and treatment.
I am not sure why but anniversaries make you reevaluate or give you pause to reflect. What have I learned? Some days it feels like A LOT. Other days it feels like nothing at all. . . but since I am feeling reflective here's what pops into my head today:
1. Ignorance and confidence are what start most businesses. Fourteen years ago I had buckets of both.
2. Success is short changed if you only think in terms of money.
3. Your business will always want more of you but if you give it everything every day you won't have any of you left. It's better to own the business not have the business own you.
4. Enjoy the journey there is no destination.
5. Having your life's work reflect your values not only personally rewarding but I believe is how real change happens.
Cheers to co-creating a future we can not only live with but be proud of. . . and THANK YOU for your love and support along the way.
1/9/2019 01:58:34 pm
I'm cheering you on Harmony, you whippersnapper (I'm a couple years older than you, lol). My condolences for those you have lost, and my hopes for your good health and energy. A neighbor shared a quote with me that amused me and felt an apt description of our stage of life: "The fifties are the old age of youth, and the youth of old age."
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Founder of Harmony Art organic design.